Check out the first episode in a weekly series of Mobility sessions with Coach Nate in partnership with Pacific Sport Fraser Valley! Join us every monday at 10am on Instagram at @pacificsportfv
The Hybrid Athletics Podcast is born!!!
Episode 1 features Coaches Kelsey and Laura as they discussed NUTRITION 101!!
Check it out in full VIDEO on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/R-Hw0_4u_80
Also available in AUDIO only on:
This means we will now offer 18 class time slots classified as “BOOTCAMP WELCOME”. This spans over 6 days per week, with each weekday having at least option. Now there is no excuse to ever miss a workout!
What does this mean for our existing CrossFit members? Not too much is different. There are still 39 class time slots for you to choose from per week (and all kinds of OPEN GYM if you have a Level 2 Membership)
- The programming for “Cardio Thursday” will remain the same as it has always been.
- The programming for “BOOTCAMP WELCOME” on Tuesdays will remain the same as it has been over the month of September/October. You might have noticed that we don’t use many barbells on Tuesdays, and we hit several WODs, often with short rest. This will remain the same.
- The programming for M/W/F will continue to be heavy on the barbell and classic CrossFit movements.
- As attendance and demand for Bootcamps &/or CrossFit increases we will look to add more coaches to a class, or add more classes to the schedule.
10 Cal Ski
10 MB Cleans
MOB: Hip Flexor, Front Rack, Groin
SWOD: (15 mins)
5 mins to warmup
10 min ALT EMOM:
Even mins = 10 reps Bench Press (RX= 135/85)(scale to about 40-50% 1rm)
Odd mins = 2 Squat Cleans (quick singles – not tap and go)(build weight each round)
25 Cal Ski
25 Front Squats (135/95) – from the floor
6 min Cap
FIREBREATHER CHALLENGE WOD:
15 Muscle Ups
15 Front Squats (205/135)
6 min cap
WU: 10 rounds (10 mins)
- Row 30sec 80 to 90%
- Skip 30 sec (work on DUs or triples. Max 10)
MOB: (10 mins)
- KB arm bar
- Wall Slides
- Banded Ankle / MB Ankle flexibility
OLY: (20 mins)
- Take 5 min to warmup / build weight
- Every 1:30min x 10 ROUNDS
- 5 x 3reps “High” Hang Snatch @ 60 or 70%
- 5 x 3reps “Below Knee” Hang Snatch @ same weight as above
- Try to make all reps Squat Snatches
- 16 min AMRAP
- 10 Snatch (114/73)
- 20 Wall Ball
- 30 Double Unders
POST: Stretch well: focus on calves and shoulders
REMINDER that we are hosting the NCCP Olympic Lifting Clinic this weekend and there is still a few spots available. Check HERE for more details.
WOD – MARCH 23rd
WU: Ladder Drills & Dynamic Stretch
- Skate Hops
- Tuck Jumps
- Box reaction drill
SWOD 1: 5 Rounds (rest as needed)
- Split Lunge (8 reps / leg)
- Bench Press 8 reps
SWOD 2: 4 rounds (rest as needed)
- DB Stepups (8 reps / leg)
- GHD Situp (15 reps)
- GHD Extension (15 reps)
These shorts are the best. And I mean the best. The guys at Real Xtreme RX are top notch and have put together a supreme product for our athletes. Yes that includes you. If you are a member at HYBRID ATHLETICS, you had better get used to being called an athlete because making better athletes is what we do here at HYBRID. Whether you are a weekend warrior, a young athlete, a professional, or a soccer mom, we are the place for you. And now we have the a product line to match the awesome facility and service that we provide.
Come on by today and get your pair of HYBRID shorts (and a T-shirt and Hoodie to match!).