Snatchapalooza today. Great work everyone. It is really coming together. The Snatch is such a technical lift and there are so many moving parts, but everyone is making great progress. Even if you are not PRing lately, you are working lots of drills and pretty soon you will all turn the corner and make that big jump you are looking for.
Tomorrow is Halloween and as such we have cancelled the 6:30 pm class. Enjoy the evening with family and friends.
A reminder that most of the coaches and several other athletes will be away Fri, Sat, Sun in Victoria competing at the Taranis Titan Challenge. Check out the link for all the schedule and WOD details. Reilly will still be here at Hybrid and classes will run as normal Friday and Saturday.
REMINDER: We are excited to announce that on December 7th we are having a masquerade themed Christmas party! Time to book your babysitter, find a masquerade mask, and start getting extra sleep in anticipation of a fun and exciting night. Just like our last few parties this will be a PotLuck where you can share your favorite healthy (or almost healthy) recipes. Remember sign up at the Service desk to let us know what you would like to bring to eat!!! Party starts at 7:00 pm.
Walmart, costume stores and dollar stores have great masquerade masks right now for Halloween!! Men can wear a masquerade style hat instead if they don’t want to wear a mask (top hat, bowler hat, fedora etc)!!
WU: 3 rounds (10 mins)
- 15 Wall slides
- 10 Dislocates
- 10 Db External Rotation (rotator – light weight)
- 10 KB Swings (heavier each round)
SWOD: (15 mins)
- Wendler Strict Press
- 5 mins to warmup
- 5 @ 75%, 3 @ 85%, 1+ @ 95% (2 mins between sets)
- Between sets do squat stretch and warm up thruster
TECH: (20 min)
- Build to a Heavy “single cycle” of the Bear Complex
- Clean, Front Squat, Jerk, Back Squat, B/h Neck-Jerk
- *Squat Clean counts as Clean + Front Squat
WOD: (10 min)
- 10 min EMOM
- 3 Cycles of the Bear Complex @ 50-70% (of your Single above)
- Squat Clean-Thruster-Back Thruster is acceptable. Try to not let go of the bar for the entire 3 cycles (tap & go)
POST: Stretch out everything.